Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Blossoming bright at the heart of Despair

 Dragging through the days.

Days that are laden with misery, laden with unheard of suffering.... Laden with abject fear...... and laden with images of death and desolation from every direction, with no one daring to be near the departed dear one's mortal remains.


On yet another of such days ... Got yet another news of death close to the family. The mind nowadays goes just numb ... No reactions 


With a heavy, laden heart.... came out to the verandah to get some fresh air. 

And this is what suddenly greeted me as I glanced around.


 
Where had this dazzling, almost blinding beauty been hiding itself while I had been moping around inside the house, barely going out even on the balcony, oblivious to the sunshine and light around?

As I excitedly called upon Sambuddha to have a look at the marvelous sight, he very simply said, "I believe it's a sign, you know!"

Sign of what?

A sign that just as so much beauty could blossom even among our mundane, brick-and-mortar surroundings ... There was, still now, a ray of hope amidst all the sufferings.

It would have been a matter of a minute's phone call to know the name of this striking tree, if only my Botanist Mom had been her earlier, bright self of even a couple of years ago. But that is not to be.  

So, this ode to the unknown magnificent beauty  


No comments:

Post a Comment